Google search

Custom Search

Thursday, November 12, 2009

4 Month Old Acer Laptop – Should be fine, right?…… right?!

After purchasing my wonderful Acer laptop, I was more than exstatic about the features I was to encounter.

SignalUp Enhanced Wifi Capabilities, Intel HD Audio, 15.4 inch widescreen LCD, Pentium 4 and 1GB RAM had me perfectly happy for 4 months… but then…

I booted up; Logged On and started Firefox as per any usual day. I browse to Web Hosting Search, read a bit and suddenly my screen freezes, goes blank, and I hear an almighty “bang” as what I later found to be my PSU and MotherBoard, had – for lack of a better phrase – ‘blown up’. Watch out folks… This had me offline for a week and a half; Not what I expected from Acer, and not exactly safe either.

Oh well, I guess that’ll teach me not to overclock :-D

If you’ve had a similar experience, why not comment it in to me?? I love to hear from y’all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment