Google search

Custom Search

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Microsoft Challenges Google with Bing

bing_logo

Just yesterday it was released – Bing, the new search engine from Microsoft. This is their attempt to become a serious contender and steal a piece of the pie from Google. The features are pretty much the same although they say that it delivers a much more functional experience, something that I to be perfectly honest have not noticed yet. But hey, it is only a couple of hours old, and it has quite a few good reviews, so maybe I should give it a proper try.

I for one am not all that impressed over the way it look. It is pretty much a wallpaper (and not a very interesting one I might add) with the same search function that we already know from Google and Yahoo. I am more into the minimalist design, but that has to do with personal taste. Who knows, you might love the way Bing looks. The search results that I get when I use Bing are pretty ok but not impressive enough to make me want to change search engine. Ok, Bing might have some growing pains (as all businesses do) in the beginning so I will most likely keep track of their progress to see how they evolve in the future. A little healthy competition is always a good element.

No comments:

Post a Comment