Google search

Custom Search

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Why all the fuzz about Virtualization?

cyber


I don’t know if you are as tired as me about hearing how great and “happening” virtualization is, but I am getting pretty sick of hearing about it. However, there’s a lot of truth to all the positive things that’s being said so I thought that; maybe I should publish a post about Virtualization as well… :)

First of all, what is virtualization? I guess that it can be explained from a very techy point of view or from a more basic aspect. I’m gonna go with the latter; Virtualization allows you to run several different virtual machines on one single physical system. This means that you for example can have your file server, DNS and print server all operating at the same time.

The advantages with Virtualization are plenty but the main advantage, at least according to me, is that it cut downs power and hardware costs. Another benefit with Virtualization is that it will simplify operations as well as ensure data protection and availability for people or businesses that are involved in a project on the web.

So, that’s my short and concise contribution to all the fuzz and buzz about Virtualization. Hopefully you feel a bit more informed on the issue now and if not – browse the web, there are thousands of articles on Virtualization…

No comments:

Post a Comment